In order to ensure you get your purchase as quickly and cost effectively as possible we use different methods depending on weight and size. The charges listed also included packaging and handling fees and product weights are estimated to include packaging, the weight of which may vary. All delivery conditions and charges are subject to change without prior notice but we will endeavour to inform you of changes prior to sending
The time required for delivery can depend on the availability of our products, the delivery option you chose and the country that is being delivered to.
With the majority of deliveries we do require a signature, especially for items with a value over £40, to make sure you actually receive your purchase. We therefore recommend you supply us with a deliver address where there will be someone in to sign for the goods. We appreciate this can cause difficulties sometimes but from our experience it is the best way to ensure delivery and avoid the disappointment of lost or stolen parcels – unfortunately this does happen and ends up with everyone being upset.
We aim to process and dispatch any order placed before 1pm on the same day or the next working day if your order is placed during Saturday, Sunday or a Bank Holiday.
Please note that we do not dispatch products during Saturday, Sundays and Bank Holidays. Unless otherwise agreed, we also do not deliver on Saturdays, Sundays or Bank Holidays. Arrangements can be made if you require your goods urgently however, there may be a significant increase in cost based on the courier tariffs. Please note if ordering on a Friday, you order may not be delivered until the Monday or Tuesday of the following week.
If you need your product urgently or have any questions regarding delivery, please contact us.
For security reasons we are unable to deliver to any PO BOX address, sorry.
Remote UK and Islands
Please accept our apologies for this but all the couriers apply surcharges for remote UK and the Islands. This includes: IM - Isle Of Man, BT – Belfast & Nortern Ireland, IV - Inverness, PH - Inverness, PA - Renfrewshire, KY - Kirkcaldy, KW - Orkney Isles, HS - Isle Of Lewis, ZE – Shetland, PO – Isle of Wight.
For these postcodes we use Royal Mail recorded service unless otherwise agreed based on required timings. Deliveries over 2Kg to the above postcodes may incur further postal charges but we will contact you before processing your order.
Where a genuine attempt or attempts have been made to deliver an item without success, the parcel can be re-delivered at your expense. Prior to any parcel being returned we will of course attempt to communicate with you, however, if the courier returns the parcel to us, we also need to charge a return fee of up to £25, which is levied on us by the couriers. We’re sorry about this but we get charged for non-delivery. Please note that this return fee is not applicable to Royal Mail deliveries.
Quoted delivery times and dates are not guaranteed because once a parcel leaves our premises it is in the hands of the delivery gods and third party carriers. We will always endeavour to ensure you receive the parcel as soon as possible.
Damage in transit can only be claimed if, when accepting a courier delivery, the damage is reported upon signing for the goods.
To guarantee that you receive your order in time, you should make sure that you:
- You supply us with a valid delivery address where someone can sign for the parcel. Please note that all express delivery services requires a signature. You can give us your work address or an alternative address, where you know someone can sign for the parcel if you won't be available at the billing address.
- Supply us with a contact telephone number and email address. We pass these details on to our couriers in case they need to contact you if there's a problem with the delivery, or they cannot find the address.
- Use the tracking / consignment number that we send to you after the order has been dispatched. By tracking your order, you will be kept informed of estimated time of delivery or any possible delays or problems (e.g. no one was home to sign for the parcel or if the driver was unable to locate the address.) You can then contact the courier to arrange for a redelivery or solve any issues in terms of your specific order.
If you are unable to be at the delivery address supplied at the time of delivery, the courier should leave a calling card. Please contact them to arrange re-delivery.
If the courier service is unable to locate your address, the parcel will be returned to your local depot.
If you need any assistance with your delivery or if you have not received your order in time, please contact us.
Free Standard Delivery
This service is for UK mainland only, if you spend 60 pounds or more. Normally dispatched using Royal Mail 48hour Tracked service for the total product weight under 2kg. This service is tracked but does not require a signature.
For products over 2kg and large parcels we use APC Overnight next day courier service. This service requires a signature.
For products with free standard delivery, but with urgent delivery requirement, there is the option to have express delivery. This option is always associated with extra cost. Please note that larger and heavier products (such as bikes) will automatically be dispatched on a next working day service. Package weight and / or dimensions determine the delivery price. Transit time is 1-2 working days depending on shipping destination. This service is for UK mainland only.
For international deliveries please contact us so we can work out to most cost effective price.
Firstly we hope it doesn't need to come to this, however, if you are not completely satisfied with your products or you want to exchange them, you can return them within 14 days to us unused, in the original packaging, including any tags and labels and in a perfect and saleable condition at your expense (unless otherwise agreed). You will then receive a full refund less the original cost of postage (i.e. full refund for the cost of the item) or an exchange to the same value as the item originally purchased.
We regret that we are unable to refund any items after this cooling off period, unless agreed in advance, but in exceptional circumstances we will consider an exchange for other goods of equal value that are in stock.
For a return or exchange (where there is no fault on our part) there will be an additional delivery charge based on delivery address. All goods must be returned and any charges paid before the goods will be sent back out or refunds paid - please note it can take 3-5 working days to process a refund once it leaves our account.
If you return an item to us that is faulty; which you did not order; or for any other reason that is our fault, we will obviously refund you as well as reimburse a reasonable cost of the return postage (unless agreed please do not send items back via Special delivery or similar high speed services). This includes warranty items.
How to return a product:
In all circumstances, you will be responsible for the item or items until they reach us. For your own protection, we recommend you use a secure delivery method, such as Interlink Express, APC Overnight, Parcel Force or regular mail with Recorded delivery, which requires a signature upon delivery and insures you for the value of the goods. For larger more delicate parcels, such as bikes, please contact us to advise you on the best way to return the goods.
Please include the original invoice that was included with the product(s). We have sent you a copy via email when you placed your order. If you do not have this, please clearly mark your name, contact detail, order number and details of the item you wish to return, plus any particulars of exchange required. If you do not have these details available then pass on as much information as possible on a covering letter.
Warranty / Faulty products:
To return a faulty/warranty item, please contact us in advance and if possible provide evidence of fault so we can assess what actions to take; it may be that a replacement part can be supplied. This will enable us both to agree the next steps. All warranty items are subject to an inspection. Please note that the conditions of warranty are down to each individual producer, and are usually described in a warranty-card that is included with the product, or stated on their website.
The normal step of a warranty issue:
- Please send us an email with the order number and your full name and contact telephone number. Describe the problem and if possible, add a photo to clarify the issue. We will then look at the problem and let you know if you need to send the product back. If we aren't sure ourselves, we will forward the problem description to the producer to hear their opinion. This process saves you the frustration of paying for a delivery, just to find out the issue is not covered by warranty. We will only reimburse you for the postage cost, if the product is faulty.
- If we think your product has a material fault, you will send it back to us and we will forward it to the supplier (If needed).
- We wait for an answer from the supplier (time varies with each manufacturer, in general it takes 4-6 weeks), they will then inform us if the guarantee claim has been accepted and what they can offer you.
- If the product does have a fault they will usually send a new replacement, or if that exact product is not in stock they will send a qualitatively equivalent model of the same price range as the claimed product. If the manufacturer decides that your claim is not valid (for example because the product was broken due to improper use), you will get the product back. We will contact you in such circumstances. Normally this would have been discovered at step 1.
- As soon as we receive a replacement, we will send it to you free of charge.
- Any credit vouchers from the manufacturer or Dean Forest Cycles cannot be exchanged for cash
Any refund will be returned using the same payment method as we received the money. Due to security reasons we cannot process refunds to alternative bank accounts. If the account/card/bank account has expired or is declined in the time between purchase & refund, then we will contact you to arrange alternative payment.
We hope this will not be the case anyway, thanks.
We can ship to BFPO addresses, using the Royal Mail as the delivery option. All BFPO addresses must be registered as UK, rather than the country where you are posted. Royal Mail will then deliver the parcel to the British Forces Post Office in London. It then becomes the responsibility of the British Forces to deliver your parcel to the correct location. For orders over 2Kg to BFPO addresses, please contact us in advance so we can discuss the best way to get the goodies to you.
We ship worldwide and offer a choice of services when you checkout. Please e-mail for a quote if your country does not appear in our list.
With airfreight, an important factor apart from weight is also the dimensions of a package, which means that bulky or multiple items (e.g. bikes, packs, etc.) will be classed at a higher weight. Therefore, Express-delivery costs cannot be calculated beforehand for bulky and Multiple products.
Dean Forest Cycles does not take responsibility for any customs charges or holding/return fees on any goods held or charged during international delivery. We recommend you research the rules of delivery and any taxes prior to placing an international order with us. Tax and customs charges vary depending on country and we are unfortunately unable to supply you this information.