Delivery & Returns
Firstly we hope it doesn't need to come to this, however, if you are not completely satisfied with your products or you want to exchange them, you can return them within 14 days to us unused, in the original packaging, including any tags and labels and in a perfect and saleable condition at your expense (unless otherwise agreed). You will then receive a full refund less the original cost of postage (i.e. full refund for the cost of the item) or an exchange to the same value as the item originally purchased.
We regret that we are unable to refund any items after this cooling off period, unless agreed in advance, but in exceptional circumstances we will consider an exchange for other goods of equal value that are in stock.
For a return or exchange (where there is no fault on our part) there will be an additional delivery charge based on delivery address. All goods must be returned and any charges paid before the goods will be sent back out or refunds paid - please note it can take 3-5 working days to process a refund once it leaves our account.
If you return an item to us that is faulty; which you did not order; or for any other reason that is our fault, we will obviously refund you as well as reimburse a reasonable cost of the return postage (unless agreed please do not send items back via Special delivery or similar high speed services). This includes warranty items.
Under the Consumer Rights Act you have an early right to reject goods that are unsatisfactory quality, unfit for purpose or not as described for a full refund.
Any orders returned outside of the 14 day cooling off period and any reasons not mentioned above will incur a restokcing charge.
But this right is limited to 30 days from the date you took ownership of the goods.
After the initial 30 days, you can’t demand a full refund in the first instance, but you still have the right to a repair or replacement, within the terms of the product warranty.
How to return a product:
In all circumstances, you will be responsible for the item or items until they reach us. For your own protection, we recommend you use a secure delivery method, such as Interlink Express, APC Overnight, Parcel Force or regular mail with Recorded delivery, which requires a signature upon delivery and insures you for the value of the goods. For larger more delicate parcels, such as bikes, please contact us to advise you on the best way to return the goods.
Please include the original invoice that was included with the product(s). We have sent you a copy via email when you placed your order. If you do not have this, please clearly mark your name, contact detail, order number and details of the item you wish to return, plus any particulars of exchange required. If you do not have these details available then pass on as much information as possible on a covering letter.
Warranty / Faulty products:
To return a faulty/warranty item, please contact us in advance and if possible provide evidence of fault so we can assess what actions to take; it may be that a replacement part can be supplied. This will enable us both to agree the next steps. All warranty items are subject to an inspection. Please note that the conditions of warranty are down to each individual producer, and are usually described in a warranty-card that is included with the product, or stated on their website.
The normal step of a warranty issue:
- Please send us an email with the order number and your full name and contact telephone number. Describe the problem and if possible, add a photo to clarify the issue. We will then look at the problem and let you know if you need to send the product back. If we aren't sure ourselves, we will forward the problem description to the producer to hear their opinion. This process saves you the frustration of paying for a delivery, just to find out the issue is not covered by warranty. We will only reimburse you for the postage cost, if the product is faulty.
- If we think your product has a material fault, you will send it back to us and we will forward it to the supplier (If needed).
- We wait for an answer from the supplier (time varies with each manufacturer, in general it takes 4-6 weeks), they will then inform us if the guarantee claim has been accepted and what they can offer you.
- If the product does have a fault they will usually send a new replacement, or if that exact product is not in stock they will send a qualitatively equivalent model of the same price range as the claimed product. If the manufacturer decides that your claim is not valid (for example because the product was broken due to improper use), you will get the product back. We will contact you in such circumstances. Normally this would have been discovered at step 1.
- As soon as we receive a replacement, we will send it to you free of charge.
- Any credit vouchers from the manufacturer or Dean Forest Cycles cannot be exchanged for cash
Any refund will be returned using the same payment method as we received the money. Due to security reasons we cannot process refunds to alternative bank accounts. If the account/card/bank account has expired or is declined in the time between purchase & refund, then we will contact you to arrange alternative payment.
We hope this will not be the case anyway, thanks.
We can ship to BFPO addresses, using the Royal Mail as the delivery option. All BFPO addresses must be registered as UK, rather than the country where you are posted. Royal Mail will then deliver the parcel to the British Forces Post Office in London. It then becomes the responsibility of the British Forces to deliver your parcel to the correct location. For orders over 2Kg to BFPO addresses, please contact us in advance so we can discuss the best way to get the goodies to you.
Any bike purchased using finance cannot be shipped to a different address.